These flash warning reports GMS on the social security agreement signed recently between France and the People`s Republic of China. If you are self-employed and normally have to pay social security contributions to the U.S. and French plans, you can see in writing your exemption from one of the taxes: the basic pension must not exceed 50% of the social security limit (1,714 euros per month in 2020). Working hours abroad in a country with which France has a social security contract can be taken into account when setting the pension rate under certain conditions. To submit a right to U.S. or French benefits as part of the agreement, follow the instructions in the „Benefits Rights“ section. Announcement of the signing of the agreement on the website of the French Embassy in the People`s Republic of China. Both European legislation and social security agreements allow a worker to move from the country of origin to the French regime and, in some cases, to rights. See also: Table of social contribution rates and caps. Once in force, the agreement should help facilitate cross-border trade relations and the free movement of staff between the two countries. We can also use the information you can provide in the computer`s matching programs. Matching programs compare our records with records from other federal, regional or local authorities. The information contained in these matching programs can be used to determine or verify an individual`s merits for government-funded or managed benefit programs and for the repayment of payments or debts under these programs.

A complete list of routine uses for this information can be found in our Recording Information System entitled, Earnings Records and Self-Employment Income System, 60-0059. This communication, additional information on this form and information about our programs and systems are available online at address or in any social security office. Self-employed workers who, in the absence of the agreement, would have to pay social security contributions to both countries are subject to special rules (see table below). Normally, people who are not U.S. citizens can benefit from U.S. Social Security benefits when they are outside the United States.

Share →