The Double Taxation Agreement came into force on June 12, 2014. In 2013, the United Kingdom and Spain renewed their double taxation agreement. This agreement between the two nations, created in 1976, defines how individuals should be taxed in the case of the following two scenarios: I never took my number… I have my residence card I have property in spain for the last 4 years and now I am in uk to work 2 or 3 weeks then 4 weeks back in Spain then uk 2 or 3 weeks then spain, etc. . Will I be able to continue with this after Brexit.. just an annual tax made in Spain. Since I only received my green card last November, I am so worried that after Brexit I cannot continue to earn money Hello I have the same problem, my municipal pension is taxable in Britain. This year received letters from the Tax Office, which was tax-related in 2015 as well as interest. Subsequently, I was fined for late payment because I was from the country and did not receive the letter until I returned. The IRS asked HMRC for a certificate that it did not want to know and stated that it would not issue certificates and that it was referring the Spanish tax authorities to the double taxation agreement.

Following other phone calls, an email was published indicating that the pension was taxable in Britain. The accountant appealed, but still had to pay. That brings me to the answer to the last question. By paying what you owe to the Spanish non-resident tax system, you can benefit from an exemption equal to the same (or very similar) amount of HMRC. This application of the double taxation agreement ensures that you will only be taxed once on your income, although by a retroactive deduction of your tax contributions paid in Spain. Resident in Spain since 2006, always completed annual return. Only income – British DWP pension and British state pension. In the consciousness of the DTT of 2013, attracted numerous requests in 2015 to establish the date of the declaration of the public pension.

It has not been able to determine whether it is considered a tax on former persons declared from 12.6.14 or as income tax from 1.1.15. I explained every year from 2015. He has just been discovered for tax evasion, tax, fines and added interest, for 2014. The amount levied by the bank is 2190 euros. Looks like I was doubly taxed. The AEAT does not accept p60s or letter from my municipal pensions manager. HMRC is particularly unsymsetic. The AEAT (Huercal Overa Office) said that I have to recover from my pension provider – impossible for a state pension that is only taxable in Britain.

No one seems to know when to explain themselves, or what the difference is between withholding tax and tax on (my kind) income. I can`t even find anyone else facing this problem, and my accountant at Villalba d`Albox, seems to be having a hard time getting this call forward. Even HMRC`s DTT preamble is unclear on the difference between the two types of taxable income. The Double Taxation Agreement between the United Kingdom and Spain is a 24-page document that defines the types of income eligible for double taxation deductions or tax breaks. This includes: in 2006, Spain signed a double taxation agreement with the United Kingdom, which means that you will not have to pay two taxes on the same income and that you should only pay taxes in the UK or Spain. The 24-party double taxation convention defines taxes that can be reduced in both countries.

Share →